Plant a Tree
Why plant a tree?
- Trees Help Community Life:
Trees can add up to 15% to the value of your home by making neighborhoods more attractive, quieter and cooler.
- Trees Clean our Water and Air:
Miami-Dade's trees remove 5,425 tons of carbon from the air each year, improving air quality. Trees reduce storm water runoff by making the soil more absorbent.
- Trees Save Energy and Money:
Trees provide essential shade and if placed properly, they can reduce home cooling costs by 15-30%.
How You Can Help:
- Participate in the Adopt-A-Tree program
- Plan your community's tree planting
- Volunteer for other tree planting events
- Find out the best tree for your neighborhood
- Register your tree
Planted a Tree?
Make sure it counts! Report your tree planting.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed May 4, 2016 9:30:00 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.